- Applicants must be born after August 3, 1993.
- PYPA will accept up to 20 active participants. Applicants who are not accepted as active participants will automatically be accepted as observers.
- Active participants and observers are responsible for arranging their own travel and accommodations in Philadelphia. PYPA will not arrange for or book hotel accommodations for anyone including artists, parents, and observers. We suggest Club Quarters, however, as a potential hotel.
- The application form needs to be filled out online, except for the audition recording.
- You must pay the $150.00 USD application fee online.
- Please mail a recent live recording on DVD to PYPA. Attn: Betty Mock, 124 Cornell Road, Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania 19004, United States of America. Alternatively, you can send online links of your live performance to [email protected] Please send only DVD or online performance links.
- For your audition repertoire, we suggest two contrasting works that showcase your best abilities.
If you have any problems applying, please email [email protected]. Thank you.
- 2019 Application: USD$150
- 2019 Active participants’ fee: USD$3,250 (includes all concerts, five masterclasses, practice room fee and participation in Philadelphia International Piano Competition)
- 2019 Observers fee: USD$925 (Includes all concerts, lectures and masterclasses)
- Parents or legal guardians of participants who are 16 or 17 years old at the time of PYPA are not required to attend PYPA. If they do not attend, they must submit a signed consent form, as noted above. If they attend, they must pay an additional discounted fee for accompanying family member of $725 (per person), as noted above.
- Parents or legal guardians of participants who are 18 years old or older are not required to attend PYPA. If they attend, they must pay an additional discounted fee for accompanying family member of $725 (per person), as noted above.
- Parents or legal guardians of participants 15 years or younger at the time of PYPA must attend PYPA. PYPA offers a discounted fee for accompanying family member of $725 (per person), which includes concert tickets to all events, and observation of all masterclasses.
Scholarships are available to active students with financial need or exceptional qualifications. Interested applicants should submit a written request, along with supporting financial documentation, after receiving their acceptance letter.
For bank security reason, accepted active applicants and observers wiring payments to PYPA via international banks will be contacted by PYPA staff with bank account details after the selection process.
Students residing in the United States of America:
Accepted active applicants and observers living in the United States of America should make payments by sending personal checks or money orders to PYPA Attn: Betty Mock, 124 Cornell Road, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Registration for 2019 PYPA will open on November 10, 2018.
Registration deadline April 30, 2019
( Online application and DVD received deadline)